Fishing for Nile Perch at Murchison Falls Uganda
In the waters of the Nile at Murchison Falls Uganda the Nile perch are monsters! They weigh in at over 2 meters long and 200 Kg! Eat your heart out Robson Green!
This short trip can begin on any day:-
Fishing for Nile Perch – Day 1
We’ll collect you from the airport and take you over to your Entebbe hotel for the night.
Fishing for Nile Perch – Day 2
Set off in the morning via Kampala, heading north towards Murchison Falls National Park (290 km). Along the way we pass the front gate of Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary. There is time to make an optional side-trip and go on a rhino game drive: a ranger will guide you through the reserve where 12 white rhinos live, guarded day and night. Continue north and we reach the banks of the Nile on the boundary of Murchison Falls NP. This trip comes in two grades: posh hotels or basic camping – see prices at the end. Overnight at the hotel or tent.
Fishing for Nile Perch – Day 3
The whole day is spent on a special fishing boat with an experienced river guide. To catch a 20-60 Kg Nile perch light fishing equipment is sufficient. For perch of more than 60 Kg you should bring stronger equipment because the Nile perch is an agile, powerful predator! He even swallows his own kind! If you want to bring all your own gear, that’s fine, there’s plenty of room in the vehicle. There’s an abundance of Nile Perch in the Queen’s Nile at Murchison Falls Park; from a boat in the middle of the rushing Nile stream, the promises for the adventure angler is palpable – big fish in a big river.
Overnight at the hotel or tent.
Fishing for Nile Perch – Day 4
Return drive to Entebbe.
Group size: 2-12 participants
Dates: Individual dates on request
We have two categories of accommodation: hotel/lodge or tent
- 1 additional day at Murchison NP incl. Game drive, full board and overnight (Tent)
- 1 additional day at Murchison NP incl. game drive, full board and overnight (Lodge)
- 1 additional day fishing incl. full board and overnight (tent)
- 1 additional day fishing incl. full board and overnight (Lodge)
- Rhino game drive.
Included in the price
* Transfer from and to Entebbe airport
* 4×4 Safari minibus with 6+1 seats and safety belts
* Charging of batteries possible in the car
* Air condition
* Meals: 3 days x Full board, 1 litre mineral water per person, per day
* English speaking guide and driver throughout
* Fishing permits, river guide and boat.
All personal expenses, drinks and visa fees.